Monday, October 03, 2005

playing away


New sounds, new goals, heck a whole new band.!!!
I'm the only one remaining from my original project which started back in the Fall of 2003, once we started the rehearsal, the seed to write music and record was planted. Of that powerful band, only I remain. Have no problem with that, it's my band, and I get to choose who plays who doesn't, even thou I have nothign to do with the changes. It's sad to see not everybody feels as intensely as you do regarding creation and expression of music. It's also ironic, some get mad because there are not enough gigs, other because we gig too much, and are not happy with going beyond the comfort level. But these changes are great, they have pushed me to a new level.
now I count with Dan Sure on piano, probably the most versatile piano player I've met, and his obsession with latin music has helped the new sound of the band, now I'm writing music with Dan in mind, this helps the music a lot and his involvement in the creative proccess is fantastic. Nate, on acoustic bass....incredible big sound, and enthusiasm....eager to learn.
I'm very happy with the band.......now we need more gigs
;-)