Sunday, July 31, 2005

to live and rumbear in L.A


hollywood
Originally uploaded by jorodu.
Back from the west coast. Los Angeles, is quite a strange place, a mix of Art Deco, Old Spanish colonial architectural style, a big salad of disparate tendencies....
The most striking thing, for me at least, was the resemblance of certain parts of the city to some sections of caracas, my home town, a mix of Las Mercedes, Altamira, Sebucan with Puerto La Cruz and Barquisimeto. The Weather, great, hot as Venezuela, but not humid, so it's quite pleasant...
Still, the whole feeling of the town is strange, it has the vibe of a small coastal town, but with Millions and millions of inhabitants!!!....didn't bump into anybody famous thou...but I gained a whole new Family....amazing people, who treated me like if I was some long time lost relative....that was the best part of m y trip....
I shall return...perhaps forever....
to Raquel, Alberto, Flora, thanks for the hospitality, Soraya, David, Ariela, wonderful newfound family...
Aaron, Otmaro...Davicito, Nicky...
mi familia...!
gracias por la risa, las comidas, las arepas,
Shalom...